needs scholarship for PhD for members

General discussions Concerning Iraqi Higher Education

Moderator: Al-Wahedi

samikhayat

needs scholarship for PhD for members

Post by samikhayat »

Dear members,

I would like to apply for scholarship leading to PhD in Chemical Engineering. But the problem is I am outside Iraq since 1989 and I had an asylum in the Philippines.

I tried to apply for Fulbright scholarship but the difficulty is I should apply in Baghdad. I can’t apply in Manila since I am not a Filipino.

Some of my colleagues are immigrant to the west so they be paid money enough for them to earn high education by themselves, but with my case, after I left Japan and when I am in Philippines, Saddam invaded Kuwait and I stayed for long time here in the Philippines.

So, I would like to inquire if the “Iraqi Society for Higher Education Abroad” can establish direct contact with University in USA and other organizations like Rotary Club ‘for example’, to support and assist the members like me who needs scholarship for PhD, so when there is peace in Iraq we can go back and serve our country.

Godspeed.
Al-Wahedi
Site Admin

Post by Al-Wahedi »

Dear Mr. Khayat:

I hope that our members all over the world, especially those in chemical engineering area, will help you in getting a scholarship in their department.

Also, I suggest for you to contact some members of our society by checking the members list. I am sure that they are willing to help.

Good Luck

Dr. abduljabbar Al-Wahedi